Hello, I'm Lauren.
I tell stories, real and imagined.
Food + Culture
• What your love of spicy food says about your personality
• What Sonic understands about fast food
• Our biggest Thanksgiving fears, according to Butterball
• Campbell's top chef on why spicy soup is having a moment
• It took two renovations to make this Sag Harbor house feel like home
• This 600-square-foot Brooklyn apartment renovation is all about maximized storage
• Plaster walls are the secret to this sleek bathroom transformation
• This enchanting Los Angeles apartment was longtime home to Mae West
Science + Nature
• How endangered are monarch butterflies?
• How a Catskills wildlife center rehabbed a lead-poisoned bald eagle
• Turn out the lights, New York. It's for the birds.
• Local eradication of poisonous, burn-causing plant within reach
• The fascinating Madame Sherri and her husband Andre (Narratively, Hidden History)
• The Harvey Girls and Me (INTO)
• Emily Moore, Hair Stylist (CircleAround)
• The Corse Farm Dairy (The Deerfield Valley News)
• So Very Silently (Short Fiction, Goats Milk Magazine, July 2020)
• Joey Button (Short Fiction. New Reader Magazine, March 2020)
• That Marie (Short fiction. Sweet Tree Review Volume 3 Issue 3)
• On the gifts of a long relationship
• On parenting, the pandemic, and dinosaurs
• On finding my place in Vermont
• On luna moths (bears, and moving to Vermont)