I had a thing for the newspaper mid-day today (a day and time when I'm usually home with Imogene). Garret decided to take Imogene out to run errands while I was there. I got out earlier than expected and kept thinking about how I wished I could have a buffalo chicken wrap at the local bar/grill. Then I realized, oh wait, I can! So, me and my computer went and had lunch, which for a mom who hasn't gone out to lunch alone in quite some time felt quite cosmopolitan. To continue with my day of luxury, I stopped at the bakery to grab an oatmeal raisin cookie, which I decided I'd have once I got home, with some french press coffee.
That's when the true luxury kicked in and geez, I should have entered it sooner: home. I don't remember the last time I was home alone, but it was a while ago. I changed from the dress I was wearing into leggings, a t-shirt, and this super comfy t-shirt material cardigan I have. Then to really add to the omg this is greatness of it all, I put on some wool socks. It isn't even cold out, but I'm comfortable.
In approximately 25 minutes I'll start feeling like the house is too quiet, but for now, it's
coffee and this new Vermont cookbook I got and haven't even opened yet. 🙌🏻
Though, I'm sitting on the less comfortable end of the couch, because the other side is wet from a spilled cup of water. Imogene's toying with learning to drink from open cups, which is great, until there's water everywhere. Then it's not so great.
- Imogene has been eating like a fiend since we took away her bottles. She's also on a milk strike...which we are trying to remain calm, cool, and collected about.
- For the past two nights I've had the intention of making this shrimp & cheese grits recipe. Maybe tonight is the night.
- The leaves are starting to change in a big way
- I'm reading Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? by Alyssa Mastromonaco and I am enjoying it throughly.
- The book links in this post are from independent Vermont bookstores. Amazon gets enough references!