My plans for today:
• Go to work, be on top of things, leave early.
• Take Imogene to the children's museum, out to lunch, and to run some errands
• Get there via the most direct route
My reality today:
• Forgot something important at work; scrambled to get it done in time.
• Roadwork. Took a different (winding) route.
• Halfway there, Imogene got carsick (was it because of the winding route?).
• In the parking lot of a hotel (the closest parking lot I could find), I realize I don't have extra clothes for her. There's a jacket in the car, though. Her dress is removed, contained in the only plastic bag I have. The jacket is put on.
• I realize she needs a diaper.
• We go into the hotel. I ask the nice front desk lady where the bathroom is. She kindly tells me.
• No changing table. I put the hood on the jacket up and change the baby on the floor.
• Oh no. No, no, no.
• (Her diaper has exploded. Her pants are no longer wearable).
• We leave through a side exit of the hotel. She's wearing a jacket, a diaper, and bare legs.
• We go home.
• No museum.
• No lunch.
• No errands.
• Maybe tomorrow (no winding roads, though).